Profiles details
Carney, James R.
Jesuit Father James R. Carney, former teacher, counselor, coach, Director of Development, and Director of Alumni Relations at Regis High School in New York, died on May 28, 2013, at the age of 88. Fr. Carney was born on July 18, 1925, in New York City and attended Our Lady of Lourdes grammar school. He entered Regis High School for the first time as a freshman in the fall of 1939, beginning a relationship with the school that would span close to seven decades — starting as a student, continuing as an educator and culminating as an ambassador to many early generations of Regis alumni.
Carney, James R.
Died 

Jesuit Father James R. Carney, former teacher, counselor, coach, Director of Development, and Director of Alumni Relations at Regis High School in New York, died on May 28, 2013, at the age of 88.

Fr. Carney was born on July 18, 1925, in New York City and attended Our Lady of Lourdes grammar school. He entered Regis High School for the first time as a freshman in the fall of 1939, beginning a relationship with the school that would span close to seven decades — starting as a student, continuing as an educator and culminating as an ambassador to many early generations of Regis alumni.

Upon his graduation from Regis, Fr. Carney entered the Society of Jesus on June 20, 1943. From 1950 to 1953, he taught Latin, math and theology at Regis, coached freshman and JV basketball, and moderated numerous student clubs. Fr. Carney was ordained a priest on June 16, 1956. Throughout the 1950s and 1960s, he continued a very active role as a faculty member at Regis. In 1969, Fr. Carney was appointed the Director of Development and Moderator of the Regis Alumni Association. Eight years later, he was named Director of Alumni Relations, a role he devoted himself to for over 20 years. Fr. Carney formally retired from Regis in 2002.

In Memoriam
Publications

Jesuits Fall/Winter 2018

Jesuits Summer 2018

Jesuits Spring 2018





Manresa Jesuit Retreat House
Manresa Jesuit Retreat House, located north of Detroit in Bloomfield Hills, Mich., offers retreatants a respite from the city on its 37–acre campus with almost 50,000 trees.